I had lived in Burns Lake since I was 6 months old. I wanted to ski (my big inspiration was Nancy Greene) but with no downhill I decided to try x-c skiing. I started racing the second day on skis. I qualified for the Canadian Ski Team way back in 1974. I was on the Canadian Team up until the fall of 82 when I quit because of my "boyfriend."
I've competed in alot of the States and most provinces & both Territories in Canada, toured the Settlements up North, and been in 8 Countries in Europe. I've raced in Canadian Championships & North American championships winning Gold, Sliver and Bronze medals in both, then I've been in 3 World Championships (Sweden, Finland, and Norway) and 2 Olympics (Austria 76, New York 80). I've done, and really enjoyed triathlons altho the swim is "much" to be desired!! I've done 2 half marathons and enjoyed those but still want a full marathon and one day a half ironman....? Still like/love competing but the training isn't there. (haven't really done much for the past 3-4 years but...
I have 2 children, a daughter 17 and a son 14.
I enjoy traveling and "SCRAP BOOKING" too. Sooooo that's me :)
2 comments:
Welcome!
I love your blog ;-)
paul
P.S Sorry couldn't help myself
Thanks for the post. looking forward to seeing your blogger develop over time. Its great way to keep in touch with people from all over the world.
I'll keep checking in on you.
Paul
Post a Comment